1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
1 medium onion, sliced
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the green beans, wax beans. garbanzo beans, kidney beans, and onions.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, cider vinegar, canola oil and salt together until sugar is dissolved (heat if necessary).
3. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring several times.
5. Serve with a slotted spoon.