Cherry Almond Quick Bread
1/2 cup vegetable oilr
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups cherries, pitted, coarsely chopped, and drained
1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
Granulated sugar, for topping the muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 2 small loaf pans.
- Mix the vegetable oil and sugar until well blended. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the almond extract and buttermilk.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add them to wet mixture. Gently fold in almonds and cherries.
- Spoon batter into loaf pans. Bake for 50 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool loaves in pan for 5 minutes before removing. Cool on wire rack.