1 cup shortening, Crisco Butter Flavor
1 cup sugar
1 egg, large
2 tsps. lemon Rind
2 tbsp. lemon juice, bottled
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, lemon rind and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
2. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
3. Fill a cookie press with the dough, and turn out cookies 1 to 2 inches apart onto an unbuttered baking sheet. Sprinkle cookies with colored sanding sugars.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 7 to 10 minutes. To ensure even baking, rotate sheet halfway through the baking process. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
Yield: 94 cookies using christmas tree cookie press insert.
Lemon Push Cookies Serving Size:
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1825.55
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.