Blueberry Muffin with Cornmeal
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Corn Meal
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, partially thawed
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 1 2 medium muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add milk, margarine, egg and lemon peel: mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill prepared muffin cups ¾ full.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield 13 muffins