Blueberry Lemon Almond Muffins
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 cup almond meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tbsp lemon zest
Juice of lemon (about 1/8 cup)
3/8 cup milk
2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
1/4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted (to top muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare muffin pans (lightly grease or use paper cups) for 18 standard sized muffins.
- Mix together the dry ingredients (flours, almond meal, baking powder and salt) in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add juice of 1 lemon to measuring cup (about 1/8 cup) and add enough milk to make 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- In larger bowl, blend canola oil and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the lemon extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and lemon zest to the wet mixture alternately with milk. Gently fold in almonds and blueberries.
- Spoon muffin batter into muffin pans. Sprinkle each muffin slivered almonds, and bake for 25 minutes, or until muffins test done.