Baked Pumpkin Donuts
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
One 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Lightly grease nonstick doughnut pans for 18 doughnuts
- For the doughnuts: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Beat the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil, butter, vanilla and eggs and together in another large bowl until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat until just combined.
- Fill three 6-cup nonstick doughnut pans with the batter so that each mold is almost full. Smooth the tops with a moistened finger.
- Bake the doughnuts until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Invert the doughnuts onto a cooling rack.
- For the topping: Stir the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl. Working one at a time, brush the doughnuts all over with butter, then dip them in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.