1/2 cup green onions
1 clove garlic
2 tbsps. butter
10 ozs. spinach
1 cup (4 ozs.) diced ham
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 1/2 cups (6 ozs.) shredded swiss cheese
1 tsp. parmesan cheese
Single Pie Crust (Recipe below)
- Prepare pie crust. Prick with fork. Pre-bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Melt butter in large skillet, add onion and ham and saute for about 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Add cream/milk, salt, basil, and celery salt. Mix well.
- Stir in swiss cheese, then add the spinach mixture from the skillet.
- Pour mixture into pre-baked pie crust. Bake at 425 grees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes more, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Single Pie Crust (Crisco)
1 1/3 cups sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash
1/2 cup Crisco shortening (96 grams)
2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in Crisco using pasrty blender (or 2 knives) until all flour is blended in to form pea-size chunks. Sprinkle with water, one tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough will form ball. Press between hands to form a 5 to 6 inch pancake. Flour dough lightly. Roll into circle, trim one inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Flip into pie plate. Press pastry to fit. Fold edge under. Flute.
MY INSTRUCTIONS - Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom of pie crust with aluminum foil (shiny side down). Fill with pie weights (I use dried navy beans) and bake for 10 minutes.
CRISCO INSTRUCTIONS - Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Thouroughly prick bottom and sides with fork (50 times) to prevent shrinking. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.