Mint Oreo Ice Cream Pie
15 Mint Creme Oreos
2 tbsps. butter, melted
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract (or mint)
2-3 drops green food coloring (optional)
6 to 8 broken Mint Creme Oreos
- Crush 15 cookies in a food processor. Add melted butter and combine.
- Press cookie crumbs into the bottom of 7-inch springform pan. Use the bottom of a glass to press the crumbs firmly in place.
- Chill pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine milk, sugar, and salt. Whisk on low speed until sugar is dissolved. Stir in heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. Add the broken mint oreos into the ice cream when there are about 5 minutes of mixing left.
Fill ice cream into springform pan, cover and freeze until set. (*You can decorate the top with additional Mint Oreos id desired.)