Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Slowly add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture and blend well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 2 oz. cookie scoop, scoop dough and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Slightly press dough down with the bottom of glass.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or just until the edges are light brown.
- Makes two dozen cookies.