Cinnamon Sugar Candied Walnuts
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups walnuts
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, water and vanilla extract until frothy.
- Add walnuts to mixing bowl with egg white mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large plastic bag.
- Pour coated walnuts into the plastic bag and shake to coat walnuts evenly with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Spread walnuts onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Serve.