Gingerbread Bundt Cake
with Cinnamon Glaze
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
3/4 cup dark molasses
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup whole milk
- Grease and flour a 12-cup mini bundt pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together the molasses, sugar, and butter in a large bowl. Add the egg, and beat until combined.
- Slowly beat in the milk and buttermilk. (It may look like it has curdled; this will be corrected when the flour mixture is added)
- In a few additions, beat in the flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition. Mix until just combined.
- Fill each bundt pan cup about 3/4 the way full and smooth out the tops just a bit. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes, then turn out onto a baking rack and cool completely.
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk (this will depended on how thick or thin you want your glaze)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix powdered sugar and milk together with a fork until smooth and desired thickness. Add cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Drizzle the tops of each bundt cake with the glaze and let dry on a cooling rack.