Corned Beef in Slow Cooker
1 (2 to 3-pound) corned beef brisket, plus pickling spice packet
8 whole cloves
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 bay leaves
2 to 3 carrots
2 to 3 potatoes, peeled and halved
1/4 head of cabbage, sliced lengthwise into 1-inch wedges
- Place corned beef brisket, fat side up, into a slow cooker; sprinkle with pickling spice.
- Place whole cloves throughout the brisket. Add garlic, bay leaves and 2 cups water, or more water as needed to cover the brisket by at least 1 inch.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Add carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Add cabbage and cook for an additional hour.
- Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain. Serve immediately with carrots and potatoes, garnished with parsley, if desired.