Brownies with Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan. Add sugar and mix well and cool slightly (enough so eggs won't cook when the mixture is added to them).
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. In small bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt ina small bowl.
- Gradually stir the butter/sugar mixture into the egg mixture. Add the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until well blended, being careful not to beat the mixture.
- Stir in walnuts, if desired. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.